Cross Your Fingers
For Cross Your Fingers, we are interested in books with engaging stories that will hook young people and encourage them on their journey to becoming lifelong readers. These books can be nonfiction or fiction, but the manuscript must tell a great story or capture readers with fascinating information.
In order to consider an early reader or middle grade book for publication, we need to receive the following:
- A full manuscript, for fiction; a proposal with a detailed chapter-by-chapter outline for nonfiction. Please read our general Submission Guidelines and follow the formatting requests outlined.
- An author bio and/or resume noting the author’s credentials and previous publication credits (if any
- Estimated or actual length of manuscript in words and, for nonfiction, a complete table of contents
- The author’s marketing outline, definition of the book’s target audience, a paragraph describing your books unique advantages, and a paragraph discussing the author’s ability and willingness to participate in marketing their book
- A list of comparable or competing titles (including title, author, ISBN, release date/year and price point) and how your book is similar and different
Please fill out the form below with the information listed above to have your manuscript considered for publication.
Please note that we do not accept hard-copy submissions. We do accept both agented and unagented submissions.
We value each submission we receive, and we want to work with passionate authors. We strive to give each manuscript we receive fair consideration and to get back to each submission in a timely manner. You can expect to hear back from us within three weeks of submission.