For Blacklight Press, we are interested in stories from new perspectives, with diverse, interesting characters. We want to take readers on a journey and allow them to explore their own imagination through another’s words.
To have your proposal or manuscript considered for publication, we need to receive:
- A full manuscript. Please read our general Submission Guidelines and follow the formatting requests outlined.
- An author bio and/or resume noting the author’s credentials and previous publication credits (if any)
- Estimated or actual length of manuscript in words
- The author’s marketing outline, definition of the book’s target audience, a paragraph describing your books unique advantages, and a paragraph discussing the author’s ability and willingness to participate in marketing their book
- A list of comparable or competing titles (including title, author, ISBN, release date/year and price point) and how your book is similar and different
Please click “Submit My Project” and fill out the form with the information listed above to have your manuscript considered for publication.
Please note that we do not accept hard-copy submissions. We do accept both agented and unagented submissions.
We value each submission we receive, and we want to work with passionate authors. We strive to give each manuscript we receive fair consideration and to get back to each submission in a timely manner. You can expect to hear back from us within three weeks of submission.