Cross Your Heart
For Cross Your Heart, we are interested in books with books that tell stories young adults relate to. We want relatable characters, engaging stories, self-actualization, wild adventures, blooming teenage romance—really any and all of the wonderful aspects that a YA book can encompass. While this imprint is geared toward fiction, we will consider nonfiction submissions if it is right for the audience.
In order to consider a young adult book for publication, we need to receive the following:
- A full manuscript, for fiction; a proposal with a detailed chapter-by-chapter outline for nonfiction. Please read our general Submission Guidelines and follow the formatting requests outlined.
- An author bio and/or resume noting the author’s credentials and previous publication credits (if any
- Estimated or actual length of manuscript in words and, for nonfiction, a complete table of contents
- The author’s marketing outline, definition of the book’s target audience, a paragraph describing your books unique advantages, and a paragraph discussing the author’s ability and willingness to participate in marketing their book
- A list of comparable or competing titles (including title, author, ISBN, release date/year and price point) and how your book is similar and different
Please click “Submit My Project” to fill out the form with the information listed above to have your manuscript considered for publication.
Please note that we do not accept hard-copy submissions. We do accept both agented and unagented submissions.